5 - From shy to feeling High!

" The Harder you Fall, the Higher you Bounce. " 

This quotation of my favorite team in Philippine Basketball Association made me realized that I failed before, but this time it won't be happen again. Remember my first blog? I entitled it as " Self-confident " , the speech project in my Public Speaking two which I made in just a minute speech. Instead of 4-6 minute alloted time given to us. Wednesday afternoon, it is the day I'm gonna speak to the front to deliver my informative speech. Luckily, I made it for the second time around! I didn't make it for a 1-minute speech, but rather a 4 minutes informative speech. And the topic I chose was PNR. 


And here's the humorous and informative speech I made: 



                              Philippine National Railways                            

                      ( Pambansang Daangbakal ng Pilipinas )

Do you know that PNR is a state owned railway company in the Philippines, it belongs to Ferdinand Marcos time of service  in the Philippines. It has 70,000 people that ride everyday. PNR began its operation on November 24, 1892. Ferrocarril de Manila – Dagupan, was first to be called during the Spanish colonial period. And later on, it becomes the Manila Railroad Company (MRR) during the American colonial period. It became the Philippine National Railways on June 20, 1946 by virtue of Republic Act No. 4156.

As of May 2015 it didn’t operate because of an accident of one train. It operated only one commuter rail service in Metro Manila. Its services in the Bicol region had been suspended in the years before because of typhoons Milenyo and Reming caused severe damage to the network, resulting in the suspension of the Manila-Bicol services. PNR temporarily restored its intercity service to the Bicol region in 2011. But the problems with informal settlers in the 1990s contributed to PNR which caused by the passengers to be afraid to ride in the said train commuter services.


In 2007 the Philippine government initiated a rehabilitation project aiming to remove informal settlers from the PNR right-of-way, revitalize commuter services in Metro Manila, and restore the Manila-Bicol route as well as lost services in Northern Luzon. (La Union). The plan to rehabilitate and expand the railway network have been made by various administrations. South Korea and the People's Republic of China have offered to help rehabilitate the Philippine railway system.


When I end the speech, I saw my professor very happy. And I'm not wrong what I saw, at the end of the program or the class of ours he gave a simple but meaningful word. " This is the batch I liked and it was the best performance you've made. " And I agree with what Sir. Paul said. :-)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

18 - Anti-Smoking Campaign!

15 - Friendship means a lot!

Security has own Model too