8 - Their Lives depend on Your Donations!


Our School had an Outreach Program on the 6th of July, 2013, which is in 
'Hospicio De San Jose, Quiapo Manila!' 
And I’m willing to go to, when I was in the Bus... I was thinking how the people looks like in Hospicio, do I’m going to  scared or have pity on them.
When we arrive, I was curious because the place is full of silence, I think me and my fellow classmates only are the one who making noise. Our teachers tour us, going to the place where Lolo’s and Lola’s together with some special children located at.

To be honest, I’m also scared when I met them in the first moment. But when the second time around... they are playful and friendly. And we had fun dancing with them, talking and making some jokes, especially to those Lolo and Lola that we had time to talk to them.
And the one I’ve met was Lola Maria Concepcion! She’s about 76 years old. She doesn’t have family. A husband and a child to be exact. She told me that she is very happy when they have a visitor like us.
And so I ask her...
-‘Do you have siblings, Lola? ‘
-She answered, ` Yes I have, and actually we are 8 siblings. ‘

And then, I’m thinking what my next question to her is.
But I think it was very hard for her to answer when I ask, why did you here?
It’s very sensitive right!?



After we had talk to the Lolo and Lola’s, we moved to the Toddler’s section. They are crying when we saw them, the sister told us... they are ready to sleep, that’s why they are crying. After that, we visit to the babies room, I think they were oriented already. Oriented to make a smile when we saw them. They are very cute; even they smile, crawl and cry! I wish to have a baby too... In the future!:)

The Chapel of Hospicio are good to visit, to pray to take some good shot. It was preserve to be beautiful since 1810.  The Antique Station of the Cross were saved not to be broken. I noticed some image of their sister who blessed and posted on the wall of the Chapel.




I was thinking again after I ate my lunch, where are they eating, where they get the money to eat. Mr. Ramil, our Guidance Counsellor told us that they were depending only to the donations that they got from the donors. And I was sad to hear about that, If there is no donation, How their lives go on? Even I wanted to ask some Lolo and Lola, why are they here? But it’s prohibited for us to ask them about it. Where are they relatives and family? It’s not sounds good if you will hear the reason that they are put them by their family it’s because they are busy in their work, gaining their money! Take note:


“There’s no place like home, except Grandma’s! “

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

18 - Anti-Smoking Campaign!

15 - Friendship means a lot!

Security has own Model too